Is trial version limited to one repository?

Hey, guys!

Im searching for software to use with Backblaze B2, so I downloaded a trial of Duplicacy, all looks great except it looks like I can only choose one repository to back up. But what if a user has files on two drives?

Please tell me that this limitation is only for trial version :slight_smile:

The GUI version was designed to be a wrapper around the CLI version so it can support only one repository. If you use the CLI version, you can set up multiple scheduled backup jobs, one for each repository, using system-specific task schedulers (for instance, Task Scheduler on Windows and launchd/cron on macOS).

Another workaround, if all your repositories needs the same schedule, is to link all repositories into a master repository using symbolic links. Duplicacy treats the first-level symbolic links that point to absolute paths differently – it will follow them as if they were subdirectories. For all other symbolic links it will backup them as symbolic links.

Thank you very much, gchen! :slight_smile: That answers all my questions

Hi gchen,

I would highly appreciate if the GUI version someday could support multiple repositories. I will manage with the command-line interface, but to be able to reach wider audiences, Duplicacy GUI should be more feature rich.

I already started working on the new GUI version which will support multiple repositories. The new version is written in Go so it will call many functions directly instead of spawning an external process to run the CLI version.

Fantastic news. Do you the new GUI will be released this year still? I can manage myself with the CLI, but I have to do IT for people less “fluent” with CLI and computers in general.

The new GUI should be released by the end of this year. My estimate is at most 2 months from now.

I would love to see this feature too. In the end, my backup set would likely consist of several repositories from a single computer, all on the same schedule.

Is this coming soon? I’m a trial user and would love to see it.

I’ll update the progress in this thread: Version 2.1.0 delayed again