Nothing happens when I run duplicacy_linux_x64_2.0.9

I downloaded the Linux x64 version of duplicacy from https://github.com/gilbertchen/duplicacy-cli/releases. After ‘chmod a+x’, nothing happens when I run that file with no arguments as a non-root user.

When I run it as root, it runs and lists the commands which it accepts. None of the commands are gui-related.

I did not find any information on what to do with the license code for Linux. So, it appears that the license which I bought is useless. Please issue a refund.

I did not find any documentation on how to set up duplicacy CLI to work with BackBlaze (or any other cloud provider, for that matter.)

I don’t understand what is meant by the word ‘repository’. Usually a repository is where you put a backup, but the word seems to be used where ‘directory-to-backup’ would be appropriate. What is the difference between ‘repository’ and ‘storage’?

Thanks.

You can find the documentation about the CLI version at #how-to . More specifically, the Duplicacy quick-start can give you a head start.

What you downloaded is the CLI version, which is free for personal use. If you’ve already bought a CLI license please email duplicacy-support@acrosync.com for the refund.

The GUI version requires a personal or commercial license. See Duplicacy Pricing Information for licensing details. The GUI version currently only supports Windows and macOS.

Yes, ‘repository’ means the directory to back up, and ‘storage’ is where you store the backups.