A few questions

I’m looking at switching away from Crashplan on one of my desktops and moving to having some important but infrequently modified files saved to a network drive and to B2. I am testing out Duplicacy now but I do have a few questions.

To start, I don’t see a way to easily select backup for specific files like I can with Crashplan. As best as I can tell, if I wanted to do it easily I’d have to move everything to a specific folder. An alternative seems to be setting individual backups for each folder. Is there no way to simply and easily select a few folders for backup?

Secondly, if I want to use Duplicacy’s encryption and Backblaze B2 how is that going to work? I have about 100GB of data that I consider critical and B2 looks like a great way to have an extra backup set for dirt cheap. This data is added to infrequently. so would I have an initial backup “chunk(s)” and then subsequent backup chunks added from there?

Lastly, I guess I’ll ask if there’s any benefits to Duplicacy over something like Arq? Arq doesn’t have the fancy information dashboard, but it seems to allow quicker selection of what files I want to backup while also having a one time purchase fee.

*Edit: I didn’t mention I am trying out the web edition

If these folders are on the same drive, you can set up a backup for the drive root and then include only these folders while excluding all other folders using include/exclude patterns.

You can directly back to B2 with encryption enabled by selecting a storage password. You can also back up to a local storage unencrypted and set up a copy job to copy from the local storage to the encrypted b2 storage.

For comparisons between Duplicacy and Arq, see How does Duplicacy compare to Arq and qBackup?