Check Questions

This explains why list -all only shows one at a time. You have three separate backup storages (buckets). Not a wrong configuration by any means, but if you want to take advantage of de-duplication, you should use the same storage URL / bucket - a single storage.

1 Like

The stuff I have on the separate dives is pretty unique… so I went for separate buckets when I set it up.

So…

• How do I list the other storages for the other repositories?
  • Why is the check - list running far larger than the last rev should be, size wise?
    Again, I ran this:
C:\Users\Carl>“C:\Program Files (x86)\Duplicacy\duplicacy_win_x64_2.1.0.exe” check -r 3896 -files
Storage set to b2://Mxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Listing all chunks

And it ran all night, downloading 750+GB, when the repository is only 225GB. And never finished, as I stopped it at that point.

PS: so at this point, While I wanted to check the repositories / storages first, now I am thinking I should just upgrade, so whatever I am doing it is on the current version. Any other comments to my last post before I do that?

Since you have seperate storages, you’ll need to run check -files and any other operations like prune, from each respective repository (“Carl”, “V” and “W”). Do this by cd'ing to each repo.

A list -all won’t show anything more than a basic list, because there’s only one repo in each storage.

Honestly, I don’t know. My only guess is that you have a lot of de-duplication going on - i.e. while the storage may only be 225GB, it’s re-downloading chunks that are used for many files.

What does a normal check -a -tabular (no -files) say about how big your repository is?

Currently, I think the most efficient way - in terms of least bandwidth - to check or restore a repository is to copy it locally and do it from that. Hmm.

Do you mean from the legacy GUI to the Web Edition GUI? I don’t think this will make a difference to your current issue but at least in the Web Edition you can add multiple storages and perform a regular check on a schedule.

In future, when dealing with the CLI, you may want to use duplicacy -v -log <command> so you get to see some progress on what it’s doing.

1 Like