Cli version , I cant tell if anything is happening

I’m using Duplicacy Cli and so far have done 2 backups that went smoothly, 3rd nothing seems to happen. I start the backup.
duplicacy backup -stats

Finds 2 revisions
Then nothing for hours…

Backing up 1.7TB around 11million files to local HDD in the Server. (Server OS 2022)

Anyway to see the progress, I can only view CPU/Ram usage

There is no need to post the same thing to multiple topics (I’ve merged them together).

At that stage duplicacy is scanning the filesystem for changes.

Please provide more details.

Where is the source data? Is there disk activity or is everything stalled? How much ram is on the server and how much ram is duplicacy using?

To see more verbose progress you can add -d flag.

I’m using Duplicacy Cli and so far have done 2 backups, 3rd nothing seems to happen. I start the backup.
duplicacy backup -stats

Finds two revisions
Then nothing for hours…

Backing up 1.7TB around 11million files to local HDD in the Server.

Server VM (server 2022)
HDD D: 2TB ssd
HDD A: 6TB for backups
12 Cpu
16GB ram

I’m starting to think its actually the .bat file , I have it scheduled
I found a powershell script I could maybe try, i just dont need anything complicated and batch file seems simple?
If I manually run it from cmd.exe then it seems to complete.

Backup.bat
D:
cd data
duplicacy backup -stats

There would be no difference in how you start duplicacy, except, perhaps, permissions.

How are you starting the bat file? Are you using windows “Task Scheduler”? What user is scheduler running your bay file as? Local user? Admin? System user?

I’m also suspecting you might not be changing directory properly (haven’t used windows in a while but just stating disk name in the file might not be enough? I’m probably wrong, but just in case). I would add /d to your cd command to actually cd to the path:

cd /D d:/data
duplicacy backup -stats

Or you can directly schedule duplicacy in the task scheduler — you don’t need intermediate files, even though either approach is equivalent.

How much ram is duplicacy using when it is appears to be stalled, and is there disk activity?

And lastly, what filesystem is on the disk D:, and any reason why are you not using VSS?

Will try this

cd /D d:/data
duplicacy backup -stats

Using Task scheduler and user is Administrator
Ram usage is 40-45% of 16GB
Ill have to check disk usage
NTFS
Completely forgot about VSS, is it too late to add it or should I be fine adding it now?
duplicacy backup -stats -vss

And when you are running it manually you also run it as administrator or local user?

Do you mean duplicacy is using 6-7GB of ram, or is it total system utilization?

Not late at all.

Add -d flag as well, to produce more verbose logs and narrow down to where does it get stuck.

It’s however weird that it finished successfully when launched manually in cmd. Are you sure it is not being killed due to e.g. exceeding some memory consumption threshold (perhaps imposed by task scheduler)?

Thanks, lots of info to try today, ill report back

So report back it was the batch file that was stopping after starting it, changed to use System account and viola, working and its damn fast.

Great, so it seems it was permission issue.

Feel free to mark comment, including your own, as solution.