Duplicacy and Mailbird email client

Any idea why my email client, Mailbird, fails if Duplicacy is running? Mailbird sits there endlessly trying to sync with my Yahoo and Gmail accounts.

The error message, if I run a test is, “Authenticate as SSL/TLS Client failed”

Now I know that this is Mailbird failing but it has worked fine for years, there must be something in Duplicacy and or communication with Backblaze B2 that is causing it to fail. Any ideas?

How many threads are you using for the backup? How much upload bandwidth does your internet connection have?

If your Duplicacy backup is saturating your upload bandwidth, other applications may have trouble also using your connection. If this is the case, you can try to prevent this from happening by setting the -limit-rate option to something lower than your available upload bandwidth.

1 Like

Where do I set the options, I cannot see any options to be set on the web edition.

Click on the - in the options column next to the backup job. Then type -limit-rate x where x is ideally a bit lower than your upload bandwidth. See this page for details on backup options.

For example, if you have a connection with 5 megabits/sec (625 kilobytes/sec) of upload bandwidth, maybe start with 600.

Tried that and it still prevents Mailbird from working, it takes a while maybe as long as a day but then it happens.

Even stopping Duplicacy and Mailbird in Task Manager etc does not allow Mailbird to start working, unless I reboot.

Could you be more specific about what you tried and what your current configuration is? For example, what is the rate limit set to? What is your upload bandwidth limit on your internet connection?

How many backup jobs are you using? And are any running in parallel?

When you get the mail bird error, is there always a backup job actively running at the time?

I’m not 100% sure that killing the web UI in task manager will stop the backup processes if they weren’t stopped through the UI.