Duplicacy Web Edition: Add Restore option "-key private.pem"

Please add the Restore option “-key private.pem” as well as a way input the private key passphrase in the Duplicacy Web Edition to enable restores from CLI RSA key encrypted storages and Backup IDs.

RSA key encrypted storage initialized with the Duplicacy CLI and having existing CLI backup revisions can be added in the Dupicacy Web Edition. Once added, new encrypted backups run successfully via the Web Edition using the CLI RSA key encrypted storage and CLI Backup IDs. Old (CLI) and new (Web) backup revisions appear in the Web Edition Restore revision field. However, actual restores of old and new backup revisions do not work because the Web Edition does not appear to have a means to specify the CLI RSA private key file (and associated private key passphrase) used for the storage’s RSA encryption. Both old and new (Web) backup revisions added to encrypted storage appear to restore properly using the Duplicacy CLI.

1 Like

You can add -key \path\to\key\file as the restore option but currently there isn’t a way to specify the passphrase.

I just checked in Add a -key-passphrase option to pass in passphrase for RSA private key · gilbertchen/duplicacy@089e19f · GitHub which should fix the passphrase issue.

1 Like

Great! Yes, I had tried “-key \path\to\key\file” in the Web Edition Restore option field and that did not work. Wasn’t sure if it was because the Web Edition didn’t recognize the “-key” option or because there was no method available to pass on a passphrase. Looking forward to your addition and new version. Thanks!

1 Like

Is there a way to pass the passphrase in Web Edition yet?

Yes, you can enter -key-passphrase <passphrase> in the Options box on the storage page.

1 Like

Thank you. I saw that… I also saw that it gets saved to the logs in plain text along with the path to the key… this could certainly be a security issue.