Duplicacy-Web with sftp /password protected ssh-keyfile stopped working /BUG in v2.5.0?

3 days ago duplicacy-web stopped working with my sftp storage using a password protected ssh-keyfile.

Always telling me: Failed to check the storage at sftp://server/data: Failed to load the SFTP storage at sftp://server/data: ssh: handshake failed: ssh: this private key is passphrase protected

Yes, it is. And that was absolutely no problem until than.

I can log into the server through WinSCP with the keyfile and its passphrase.

I tried to reset the passphrase following this topic. But when trying to create a new storage duplicacy-web tells me … see above.

I updated to the latest version 1.3.0 but no change.

Does Duplicacy-Web auto-update the duplicacy executables?? I now realized that 3 days ago there appeared duplicacy_win_x64_2.5.0.exe in the bin folder. Looks like this one introduced a bug…???

How to roll back to version 2.4.1? Just delete/rename the 2.5.0?

Any suggestions appreciated!

In ~/.duplicacy-web/duplicacy.json, set the cli_version key to 2.4.1:

"cli_version": "2.4.1",

You need to do this while the web GUI is not running.

I’ll take a look at the passphrase issue.

Thanks for the quick response!

Additional info:
When trying to create a new storage in the webgui I can choose a directory on the server. But the next step fails…

I uploaded a new release 2.5.1 to github. Restart the web GUI and it will download this version automatically.

This fix is here: Fixed a bug in ssh login with encrypted private key · gilbertchen/duplicacy@835af11 · GitHub. A recent change in the ssh library changed the error message and as a result Duplicacy failed to check if the private key is encrypted. Now we uses a type comparison which is much more reliable.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick fix. Great support!

But I am a bit wondering about duplicacy auto-updating without asking or even noticing the user.

Opportunity to choose between auto-update/notice/nothing would be very nice…

And btw: An option to get an “email ONLY after completion FAILED” would be very comfortable.

(If I did not need a file to be restored, I would not have realized that duplicacy stopped working in my case…)

2 Likes

Would really like these features as well!

1 Like

@hfw18, @sanvit,

You can disable the auto update of the CLI by editing duplicacy.json:

2 Likes

For the next release I’ll add an option to disable auto-updating the CLI.

1 Like

:+1: Thanks a lot!

And maybe more important would be the “only on fail” email option. Thank you very much!

1 Like

Ok, I’ll do that in the next release too.

3 Likes

Great!! Thanks a lot!!

1 Like