Failed to list subdirectory: readdirent: interrupted system call

After updating to 2.4.1 the other day, I started seeing failed backups and the following error Failed to list subdirectory: readdirent: interrupted system call

This happens for files that live on my FreeNAS server, mounted to my desktop. I have a symlink to the mount at the top level of the repository. Things have been running smooth up until this point.

Any ideas on troubleshooting?

I am seeing the same thing after the upgrade.

I found https://forum.restic.net/t/prune-fails-on-cifs-repo-using-go-1-14-build/2579 which seems to be the same issue.

Looks like Go introduced a regression when interacting with CIFS mounts. For me, running duplicacy with GODEBUG=asyncpreemptoff=1 avoids the errors.

Did you upgrade from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1? Both were built with go1.12.9 so I don’t know why it stopped working with 2.4.1.

It looks like that env variable did the trick. Thanks!!

I think on my system go updated to 1.14 and that caused the issue.

I’m getting these errors on 2.6.1.

Sorry for the newb question, but can someone clarify for me how to use GODEBUG=asyncpreemptoff=1 ?

Do I need to modify a preference file by entering that setting (somewhere?) or do I invoke that somehow on the command line?

How are you running the duplicacy command? For me its a scheduled service, and I added the env variable there.

This was a new repo I was setting up, so I’ve just invoked it from the command line. I’m on OS X and found the launchd setups I read about slightly over my head. I actually have a scheduled job running by way of a scheduled Automator task that initiates a shell script. But this was a new repo so I just set it up and then ran it and got a ton of these errors:
Failed to list subdirectory: open /Users/sam/.Trash: operation not permitted

Your issue is different from what’s described in this thread.

Applications need to be given explicit permissions to be able to read sensitive areas like user documents or trash. You can’t grant that permission to a naked command line app but you can to an app bundle, including duplicacy_web or an Automator wrapper around Duplicacy cli.

Ah, this makes sense. Thanks so much for the clear and helpful reply.
(And apologies for posting my question in an incorrect old thread.)