How to download without fees from from Backblaze B2?

Hello, currently I’m testing Backblaze B2 as my second storage option. B2 mentions, that the downloads can be free, if using their CDN. Someone knows how to do that easily? I would like to test it, so I know it’s working, in case I need to restore.

I’m using the webgui version of Duplicacy.

Thanks!

They don’t have a CDN. But transfers between members of a bandwidth alliance is free B2/Cloudflare Partnership Offers the Lowest Cost Media Serving Platform. So you can egress to cloudflare for free. How much does it cost you to egress from cloudflare — depends on your relationship with cloudflare.

Have a look at these resources:

Please review Service-Specific Terms - Cloudflare, as downloading backups like this will likely be violating terms of service of a CDN.

Backblaze B2 egress cost is rather low, especially multiplied by the probability of needing full restore; so I would just pay it as needed.

Thanks for the explanation. I will need to go through the articles if I have some minutes. But sounds it will not work out of the box, like I thought.

Anyway, you’re right, the price is not really high. I will download it once to test if a restore would work. After this, I basically will trust the service.

You don’t really need to download the whole thing — just a few files selectively, and ideally on a new [virtual] machine, mostly to ensure that you have all the necessary keys, passwords, accounts, available somewhere other than on the machine you are trying to restore data for.