How to restore files after a certain date

so what would a filter of show me files created after xx/xx/xxxx look like?

Could you give an example of what you’re looking for? Right now i don’t understand what you mean :-?

like for instance i have a restore screen in the web gui and i dont want to restore all the files… i just want to restore the ones that were modified after xx/xx/xxxx date

it looks like there is an options field where you can type in some kind of a filter… i just dont know how to do it

The filters can only include/exclude certain files by their names, not their modified times.

I think what you can do is to restore from the revision whose creation date was the closest to the xx/xx/xxxx date. Duplicacy would then skip files that haven’t changed since that revision. Is this what you want?

ok so you are saying to restore it to the actual live file location and not to a temp side directory?? seems risky if it ends up over writing files with older ones…

in essence yes… I am trying to create a disaster recovery environment…

I have a full metal backup of xx/xx/xxxx basically 14 days before what i have or should have in the cloud…

I want to recover that backup and then find all the files that have changed in that 14 day period and recover those…

its an experiment… lets say the customer takes a drive offsite every 14 days but the building was to flood or burn down… how would you handle a recovery of that magnitude…

stupid earthquakes have a customer freaking out and they want to pay to have me test… so im game…

the only issue is i dont want to download 2 plus terabytes from the cloud and spend days running a windiff

in most commerical backup softwares you can find files modified after a certain date…

I don’t know why you’d want to manually filter and search for dates when doing a full disaster recovery. Duplicacy can take care of that for you.

Basically, you do a full restore of the latest backup from the off-site hard drive and then restore from the latest cloud backup - on top of the first restore. Duplicacy will avoid downloading files that already exist, unless they’re more recent. You end up with a fully up-to-date restoration with minimal cloud downloads.

3 Likes

Well; you’re going to have to access your full backup in some way when doing a bare-metal restore. As already pointed out, in the case you outlined you retrieve the latest harddisk, and restore on top of that.

Alternatively you could pick a cloud provider that will send you a disk image of a repository. Backblaze is one that offers that option - you tell them what bucket you want and you get it UPSed to you, at which point you can define it as a local storage in your recovery environment.

Amazon will send you a disk (or a container…) to save on upload, so they may well offer it for download as well. Others will likely also offer such a service.