Cache not clearing

Hi

My laptop’s hard drive is filling up, so I ran GrandPerspective to see what’s filling it.

Turns out that the duplicacy cache is responsible for 58G worth:

58G	cache/default

I’m running duplicacy 2.1.0 from GitHub.

I read your docs at Cache usage details, and it sounds like each backup should clear out old cache.

An automatic backup happened just this morning:

Backup for / at revision 147 completed
Files: 1509071 total, 390,914M bytes; 126 new, 212,505K bytes
File chunks: 82123 total, 412,350M bytes; 34 new, 173,013K bytes, 67,721K bytes uploaded
Metadata chunks: 157 total, 778,696K bytes; 41 new, 254,419K bytes, 78,041K bytes uploaded
All chunks: 82280 total, 413,111M bytes; 75 new, 427,433K bytes, 145,763K bytes uploaded
Total running time: 00:08:13
1 file was not included due to access errors
Running script /.duplicacy/scripts/post-backup
Finished duplicacy on  Wed May 30 10:24:11 MDT 2018
-------------------------------

So, backups are running, but cache is not clearing.

What should I do? I need to clear some of this out.

Thanks!

According to the wiki page:

However, if the prune command has been run before (which will leave a the .duplicacy/collection folder in the repository, then the backup command won’t perform any cache cleanup and instead defer that to the prune command.

Do you see this .duplicacy/collection folder? If so then the cache won’t be cleared until a prune operation is done.

You can remove the entire .duplicacy/cache folder anytime and it won’t cause any issues.

I have this exact problem on a Linux server. I also have 2 macs, one with the web-ui, which does prune -all. But cache chunks are never cleaned on the Linux server and other mac. Grows very large over a short period of time.

Do you see the folder .duplicacy/cache/<storage_name>/fossils on your Linux and mac? If so, it means you may have run prune before from there and Duplicacy stopped cleaning up the cache after seeing this folder.

There is a fossils folder, but it’s empty. If I remove it will it start to clean the cache again?

BR
Robert

Yes, that is correct.