Configure for multiple storages

I want to run duplicacy from the GUI to one storage and from a CLI to a different storage.

I want to back up the same repository to both storages and I’d rather not use the -add / - copy procedures… instead I’d like to do an entire second backup.

I am confused as to how to do this… will the .duplicacy directory handle this sort of thing properly?

The GUI version always works on the first storage. That is, the storage initialized with the init command.

With the CLI version you add additional storages with the add command. To back up to a different storage other than the first one, specify the -storage option like:

duplicacy backup -storage storage_name

Is this possible from the GUI, or a feature that will be added in the future to the GUI? Example use case:

• Backup entire harddrive to NAS server
  • Backup just my “Pictures” and “Finances” folder to B2

Would be really nice to have the GUI sync both of those, and then restore would be select first the backup location > list revisions > list files.

Multiple repositories will be supported in the new GUI version (available by the end of this week).

Thank you! I am excited for the release!!

Is the new GUI ready? The file I downloaded this morning is still the same version from last November “duplicacy_installer_win64_2.0.9.exe”.

You can try the 2.1.0 beta version here: Version 2.1.0 beta is available for testing

Does the 2.1.0 GUI support multiple storage (backup destinations) for the same repository? I cannot get it working.

No, 2.1.0 doesn’t support multiple storages.

OK, is there a GUI version that supports multiple storages?

Sorry, currently this isn’t a GUI version that can support multiple storages. The next GUI version will be web-based and will support this feature.