Failed to configure the storage: SignatureDoesNotMatch

Hi all.
I’m using duplicacy CLI 2.1.1 on Windows 10. Tried to init the repository using wasabi (init -e repo_id wasabi://us-east-1@s3.wasabisys.com/bucket_name) and found the following error:

Failed to configure the storage: SignatureDoesNotMatch: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.
status code: 403, request id: XXXX, host id: XXXX

The bucket exists in my wasabi account. Wasabi key, secret and password are correct (using a password manager).
I have already used duplicacy with wasabi and didn’t encounter this problem.
I will appreciate any help.
Cheers!

Shot in a dark here but check the following:

1. Have you actually copied your credentials correctly? (Maybe extra space or other invisible character sneaked in?)

2. Does the bucket name contain ascii characters only? (Some Unicode characters may look like ascii and could have sneaked in if you have multiple jayvoard layouts.

3. If you create a new IAM user with access to the same bucket – just for test — does it also fail for that user?

4. Try using application like Panic’s Transmit or CyberDuck to confirm that you can login to wasabi with credentials you have.

5. If it worked before and stopped now could be wasabi outage. It is not unheard of.

Thank you @saspus for your help:

1. I’m sure I copied my credentials correctly. At least I’m using a password manager. Also tried with cyberduck (see 4) and I can access
  2. No unicode characters
  3. I created a new user to access to the same bucket. I entered new wasabi key/secret and maintained the same password as before. I obtained the following error: “Failed to download the configuration file from the storage: Failed to retrieve the config file: cipher: message authentication failed”
  4. Yes, I did using cyberduck and I can access the bucket
  5. Who knows… My problems started yesterday

Regards

This error is caused by an incorrect s3 key/secret.

This error is caused by a wrong storage password.

1 Like

So we’ll assume you have correct password/key.

1. How are you providing the keys to duplicacy?
    Command line? Environment variables? Keychain? Preferences file in the repo?

2. Are you sure you only provide the keys in only one place? I would delete everything related to duplicacy from keychain and environment and try again. Otherwise you may be specifying passwords in one place but duplicacy is picking them from another.

3. Run duplicacy with argument -d It shall tell you where does it take keys from.

4. What did you do before the problem started? Changed passwords? Added repo?

1 Like