Restore has no option to pick destination

Currently evaluating Duplicacy. Wanted to do a test restore. Found the version we are running 2.1.0 does not match the guide. In the version we have there is no place to select a restore location. Still clicked restore and the command pops up briefly then disappears as if nothing happen. Any suggestions ?

I can actually answer this as I was looking for it earlier today.

The first comment basically does the job. It would be nice to see this in the docs; but it makes sense if you think about it.

One interesting thing - once you init the directory of course I think you can do other operations back to the source. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Best,

–J

Hilarious. I didn’t see this earlier.

and it’s here.

<>

Sorry I haven’t updated the user guide – I’ll update it after 2.1.0 is officially out.

In 2.1.0 files are always restored to the current repository. To restore to a different location, you’ll need to create a new job with the destination as the repository, and configure the same storage. On the storage setup page, instead of using the default repository id, pick the id of the original repository from the dropdown list. This new job will then be a ‘clone’ of the old one, with the destination as the repository so when you perform a restore operation the files will go to the right location.

Can we expect to see an option to restore to a seperate location at some point? Seems like an obvious thing to ask for.

I will get this feature into 2.1.1.