2022 Black Friday Offer: Lifetime Personal Licenses (ended)

Our annual Black Friday offer just went alive!

You can now upgrade your existing personal licenses to lifetime ones. After you log into https://duplicacy.com/licenses , select the licenses that you want to upgrade, and click Renew existing licenses. On the next page there will be an option for lifetime upgrade.

The price for the upgrade is basically the price of a 10-year license minus the amount that you’ve already paid. Therefore, a lifetime license would cost $65 for the first license, and $28 for each additional license. If you own one 1-year license, for example, you’ll need to pay $65 - $20 = $45 for the upgrade. For each additional 1-year license, you’ll need to pay $28 - $10 = $18 for the upgrade.

Please make sure that the amount shown on the license order form is correct before purchasing. If you see anything wrong please reply below.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Edit: this offer has ended. I really appreciate everyone’s support. If you missed it you can still buy a 1-year license now and upgrade to lifetime next Thanksgiving.

5 Likes

If I don’t have a license yet do I have to buy one and then upgrade it?

Thanks!

If I already upgraded to Lifetime license, can I still use the (lifetime) license code to buy additional new license at $10 per first year, $5 per additional year price?

I just upgraded my licenses to lifetime, and now trying to get a new yearly license (while putting any of the two license codes as coupon) the price would show $20 for first year (instead of $10).

I was trying to figure this out too and figured it out. You input your activation code from one of your other licenses into the promotional code section and it will give you the additional license discount.

I found this info on the purchase license page: Duplicacy.

So in your case, go back on that screen and input one of your activation codes in the promotional code section and buy a 1 year license. Then, in another transaction, select the new license and select lifetime after that.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did! It works when the licenses aren’t lifetime (last year), but after I upgraded my licenses to lifetime putting the license code as promo code doesn’t seem to work (still show $20 for new purchase). I also tried both license codes and … none of them worked.

Thanks though

That’s weird, I upgraded mine to lifetime 1st and then used that code to buy some more licenses with the discount. I am not sure what is happening at your end then :frowning: I hope someone more knowledgeable will be able to help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have 3 licenses, i’m trying to upgrade them all to lifetime, but i’m confused. While the lifetime option appears when i input my license code into the promo code field, it then doesn’t let me pay - it says Invalid promotional code :frowning: I tried two different existing licenses too.

I tried PayPal and Credit Card.

A bug caused the licensing system to not accept either of your license codes. It should be fixed now. Sorry about that!

1 Like

There is no need to enter the promo code when you upgrade all licenses at once. The discount will be applied automatically.

2 Likes

Just want to confirm if I got this right…

If I wish to get a new lifetime license then, do I need to do it in three steps?

1. Upgrade the existing license to lifetime license using the “Renew” button. Pay $40 (in my case).
  2. First “Buy a new license” for 1 year using the existing license as the Promo code. Make payment for $10.
  3. Go back to license, check the newly bought license and “Renew existing licenses” and choose “lifetime license” make the payment for $18.

Did I miss any step?
Is there a way to directly buy the new lifetime license and reduce a step?

1 Like

You didn’t miss any steps. I don’t think you can buy a lifetime license directly. You have to buy yearly license first, then upgrade to lifetime license.
However, you can reduce a step by not upgrading existing license first (upgrade all license altogether)…

Here’s what you can do:

1. Get all licenses (to yearly) first. Pay $10 per additional license for their first year.
  2. Select all licenses, click on Renew, then you can upgrade to lifetime term for all the licenses.

Can confirm it works! Thanks a lot

1 Like

So if I recently purchased a 2 year license that is still active, what is the lifetime price to upgrade that?

Thank you. The very first time i did it, the lifetime option wasn’t available, so i assumed i needed to enter the code. I’ve now done it as you described and it worked fine :slight_smile:
p.s. Thank you for the offer. It feels good to support the product, and also good to get the option as someone who has had at least one license for a few years now (i think 3?).

Is this deal expired? I completely forgot to check yesterday, and I’m kicking myself for it.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Got my Lifetime license!

More advance notice or longer offer availability next year would be appreciated. :frowning:

I am super confused. I bought the lifetime license but it says my license expires 2027. When will it show “lifetime” ? @gchen

You bought a one-year license but you didn’t upgrade it to lifetime during our Black Friday deal. You can wait until next Thanksgiving when we run the same deal again.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.