A bit more log info

I’m hoping this will be useful for others also…

I checked into my logs today and saw that I had 14 revisions! Seems like there have been no errors which is awesome. But I don’t know when this 14th revision was made. I do see the time it ran and finished but not the date. To figure that out I’d have to add 14 days (since the job runs daily) from when I think I started it to know if the last run was yesterday.

Would be awesome if there was a date to go along with the time in the log window :wink:

If you go to the restore dialog, on the top left will be the revision dropdown list which shows the creation time for each revision.

I agree, though, that it would be nice to see the date in the log tab.

While we’re at it, I’d also like to mention a similar little nuisance I noticed in the CLI: most messages there not only come without date but even without time. It would be of great help for debugging and generally for getting a sense of how duplicacy works and performs, if there was a timestamp before every message, at least in those triggered by -stats.

There is a -log option for all commands that will show the complete times, like:

duplicacy -log backup

This is one of the global options for which there should have been a wiki page. I’ll be working on this soon.

Related: suggestion: make -log default · Issue #344 · gilbertchen/duplicacy · GitHub