Advice on migrating from CrashPlan?

I’m just starting to try out Duplicacy to backup from a QNAP NAS, looking to migrate from CrashPlan.

CrashPlan has Backup Sets, which can be individually configured with different backup priorities, schedules, version retention policies, and file exclusions. I’m thinking I could achieve similar functionality with Duplicacy using repositories. Are there disadvantages to this approach? Or would it be better to setup the NAS as a single repository rooted at /share?

I restrict CrashPlan to run only between 12am and 8am. Would it be safe and reasonably efficient to terminate any duplicacy commands still running at 8am?

Advice appreciated.

It’s really up to you however you prefer to manage data. Multiple repositories are OK; you can take advantage of Duplicacy following first level symlinks and setup separate folders as repositories to manage the backup sets by symlinking stuff there.

Yes you can kill Duplicacy any time, it relies on the backend to not save the partial chunk where supported or uploads to a temporary file where isn’t. It’s safe to kill it any time.

Yes you can kill Duplicacy any time, it relies on the backend to not save the partial chunk where supported or uploads to a temporary file where isn’t. It’s safe to kill it any time.

I’m just backing up to local storage for starters, but I presume it’s safe to kill local backups and prunes as well, yes?