Average sale times?

I’ve been using Duplicacy, and the web interface just makes life easier. However, the price they’re wanting to charge seems extremely steep for its current set of features. $10 I can swallow, but $20 for the first year seems extremely high when the web interface basically just allows me to setup my initial configuration. Especially when there’s other open-source / free options out there. On top of it appearing as if the software isn’t exactly getting updates to the web ui at the moment. So I have a feeling it’s going to be in this state for quite awhile.

When does this software usually go on sale? Or does it go on sale.

As you said, there is not much benefit in using WebUI today – it’s just a fancy scheduler – and your OS already has one built-in. Instead, you can use CLI. If this is for personal – there is no cost.

I’m not aware of any sales, (thankfully; personally, I don’t like when companies play these games and refuse to participate: I actively avoid buying products and services that periodically “go on sale” as a matter of policy, and recommend everyone to adopt this policy for multiple reasons) but there is de facto annual Black Friday event where you can upgrade your license to a lifetime one.