Backblaze B2 timing out on all computers

Starting earlier today, any job I try to run to create new storage or copy to existing buckets fails with the error “Maximum backoff reached.”

I searched for this on the forum and found some previous replies suggesting it may be firewall-related, so I tried with no firewall enabled on one computer (Windows), and then switched to one of my Macs to see if it was isolated to the Windows machine. The same error occurs on both (and on CLI, WebGUI, and the old application GUI for Mac).

I also tried creating a new bucket on BackBlaze B2 and am getting the same error. I checked quickly with BackBlaze and they don’t see anything limiting access on their end, so I’m a bit stumped…

Failed to check the storage at b2://bucketname: Head https://f000.backblazeb2.com/file/buckentname/config: dial tcp: lookup f000.backblazeb2.com: getaddrinfow: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.

This same error occurs whether I’m trying to initiate a new storage bucket or check the one I’ve been using for quite some time.

As information, I recently had another problem that may be related to this (which I thought was fixed)… I’m providing a link here just in case the fix there is relevant to this new issue.

Something wrong with your DNS server. Can you ping f000.backblazeb2.com or connect to it in a web browser?

1 Like

100% nailed it… thank you! What a completely random problem after my corrupted snapshots from the other day. I was convinced it was related… 100% different. Thank you for the fast response!