Backup failure after redownload of gcd-token.json

Hi,

I accidentally deleted gcd-token.json and redownloaded it. Now the below error appears, what would I have to do?

Thx

2019-12-04 15:28:58.842 INFO REPOSITORY_SET Repository set to M:/Backup/Definitions/Gaming
2019-12-04 15:28:58.873 INFO STORAGE_SET Storage set to gcd://Backup/Duplicacy
2019-12-04 15:37:35.835 INFO GCD_RETRY [0] Maximum number of retries reached (backoff: 64, attempts: 15)
2019-12-04 15:37:35.835 ERROR STORAGE_CREATE Failed to load the Google Drive storage at gcd://Backup/Duplicacy: googleapi: Error 403: Insufficient Permission: Request had insufficient authentication scopes., insufficientPermissions
Failed to load the Google Drive storage at gcd://Backup/Duplicacy: googleapi: Error 403: Insufficient Permission: Request had insufficient authentication scopes., insufficientPermissions
1 Like

Did you download it from Google Drive for Duplicacy? I just tested it and it worked without any issue.

1 Like

Yes exactly. I tried the backup again and nothing happened in the progress bar. I deleted the backup definition and tried to create a new one, but after selecting the GoogleOne storage and on " Select an existing backup ID in the storage" it just says “Loading…”. I con see the duplicacy.exe has established a connection to 1e100.net but that’s about it. Nothing happens. Additionally, I can cancel it in the web-ui, but it is not working any more. Any part of the web-ui is then dysfunctional, browser says “waiting for 127.0.0.1…”. I have to kill theduplicacy.exe process, then web-ui works again…
IDK what’s wrong. In worst case I have to recreate anything and do weeks of uploading again.
I probably should not have deleted that json file.

I tried to create a new Google Drive storage for testing purposes. Picked the token file and it says:

Failed to retrieve the id of the root: googleapi: Error 403: Insufficient Permission: Request had insufficient authentication scopes., insufficientPermissions

1 Like

OK I think I solved it. Removed Duplicacy access rights to Google Drive. Redownloaded the token file and allowed access again. Backup has started, I am just not sure, if now it does a comple re-upload, but I’ll see.

2 Likes