Backup failure (CLI, Windows) - WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file's Resource Table & Nvidia GLCache folder

Duplicacy is doing a hard fail, both with and without VSS during backups when it encounters this error.

Failed to read 0 bytes: read \?\C:\Users.duplicacy\shadow\Users\User\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm\lost\MANIFEST-000001: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Failed to read 0 bytes: read \?\C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\WhatsApp\IndexedDB\file__0.indexeddb.leveldb\MANIFEST-000001: The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table.

Failed to read 0 bytes: read \?\C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Skype for Desktop\IndexedDB\file__0.indexeddb.leveldb\MANIFEST-010905: The WOF driver encountered a corruption in the compressed file’s Resource Table.

And so on…

I had a sprinkling of these MANIFEST-000001 files in various folders and about 5 out of the 100 of these files gave that WOF driver error. This error would ALSO occur in windows explorer when trying to view these files. I was able to copy these files, but the copied file would also give the same error. EXTREMELY STRANGE…

Not sure what the WOF driver error is exactly, information is sparse on Google regarding it. Opening any of the WOF error files would error out explorer with the same issue, most of these files said in explorer they had 600~ kb of data but they were unreadable.

In the end, I added some duplicacy exclusions, as well as deleted the files from my disk and the backup finally completed.

Additionally duplicacy fails hard when backing up this folder:

C:\Users\User/AppData/Local/NVIDIA/GLCache/

I have since excluded it but hard failing an entire backup for a few wonky files is a VERY BAD THING tm.

I had 1+ month of failed backups due to Duplicacy aborting when it encountered these errors.

Also, I ran chkdsk /f /b and checked for badblocks several times without it finding anything wrong.

The only other strangeness in my situation is I am running Windows (and booting it) off of a VHD image although I have another pc here that was also hard failing on the Nvidia GLCache folder but they boot off a normal disk setup.

Duplicacy always skips files that can’t be opened, but it would bail out if a file can be opened but not readable.

You can set up email notifications (Send email after completion on the schedule page) or http reports (Send report after completion on the backup page) to get notified when a backup fails.

Any way to force continuation with automatically just ignoring those kind of errors? Really frustrating to have backups suddenly start failing because a single file can be opened but not read.

I’m coming from borgbackup and errors are pretty much ignored and the snapshot continues with what it can read. This is preferable.

Similar issue on a linux machine after LXC was installed…

I just added it to the ignore filters, after backup failing, but installing something that doesn’t play nice and then backups failing seems not optimal.

2020-06-13 05:35:55.165 ERROR CHUNK_MAKER Failed to read 0 bytes: read /var/lib/lxcfs/cgroup/blkio/user.slice/blkio.throttle.read_bps_device: invalid argument