Backup jobs GUI to CLI

I have set up some scheduled back up jobs in the GUI version of Duplicacy. As my trial version is about to run out, is there any way to retain the current scheduled back ups jobs and revision versions in the CLI version? I would like to keep the GUI version to be able to restore my back ups more easily.

Nothing is deleted. When trial expires only backup won’t work in web Ui. Everything else will continue working.

You can transition to using CLI for doing backups if you prefer. You woudl need to initialize the repository, point it to the same files, with the same snapshot ID, on the same storage.

When I try to connect to the storage, it says that it failed to download the configuration file: the storage is likely to have been initialized with a password before.

I have tried to use the -encrypt command, but it specifies the init command requires two arguments.

Update: never mind, I just used the wrong password.

Update2: for everyone who is wondering how I set up my backups now. I had initialized the repositories using the GUI (docker) and had weekly backups to a SAMBA drive. On my UNRAID system, the repositories are saved on the ./Duplicacy/cache/localhost/0 and so on. You may need to change preferences file in the .duplicacy map, as I was using a relative location instead of the absolute location which is required now. Also in this file, you can set up keys/password if you want to automate your backups. Be aware that this stores the passwords in plain text! The last step is to add a cron job in unraid to run it on a weekly basis. See for more explanation on the following website: