Backup Size and Storage Used not changing with prune?

Hello, I am a little confused… My Storage page on the WebUI shows - Size 556.25G , it was before at 650G before I ran the following prune jobs. My question is my storage location if I log in to that device it shows Dupliacy is still using 660G.

Would anyone know why this would be? Is this normal?

I have 2 prune jobs as follows.

[-keep 0:1800 -keep 30:180 -keep 7:30 -keep 1:7 -a]
[-id Unraid-Containers -keep 1:7]

Yes; the deleted chunks are not be deleted immediately, they get fossilized first; fossils will only be physically deleted from storage after certain conditions are met.

You can read more here: duplicacy/duplicacy_paper.pdf at master · gilbertchen/duplicacy · GitHub

Policy 3 (Fossil Deleting). The following two conditions should be met before deleting fossils permanently.

1. For each backup client, there is a new backup that was not seen by the fossil collection step.
  2. For each backup client, the new backup must have fin- ished after the fossil collection step.

If you really want to force-purge everything now – ensure nobody else is touching datastore and run prune -a --exclusive --exhaustive.

I would not do that though – there is no good reason to.

Thank you, Alright that makes sense. for one of my systems I am backing up to a location that only has 200gb avail… my backup is only 10gb and for 9 gb of that data I would only like to keep 1 copy worth so I have updated the prune and would need to clear some space on that location so I will run " -a --exclusive --exhaustive " to clear space…

new prune job - [-id Unraid_Appdata -keep 0:8 -keep 1:7]