Backups not scheduled/running

This has been going on for some time, just finally annoyed enough to report it.

Running Web-UI v1.2.1 in a docker container.

I have 2 backups scheduled - one daily @ 10pm, and another 8am M-W-F. When I edit the backup and save it, the backups get scheduled and run just fine - for a week or two. Then they just stop getting scheduled.

No error that I can see/find - they simply aren’t getting scheduled to run. Manually running the backup succeeds with no issues. Editing the backup and re-saving makes it run again - for a while.

Anything I can do about this? I’m getting tired of logging into the web UI to edit the jobs every week or two to keep things running - this really should be ‘set it and forget it’ (at least in terms of the backup jobs running).

The backups show a correct “next run time” when I look at the backup config. But they don’t run after running for a week or so.

Maybe there is an error in a log I’m not looking at/seeing? There are no log files generated at all on the days the backups don’t run, though.

Check the main log file ~/.duplicacy-web/logs/duplicacy_web.log to see if there are any errors.

Argh. I should have looked there!

1. When I run a backup it is complaining that it Failed to store the value to the keyring
  2. When it is supposed to run it says that no encryption password has been provided

I seem to remember seeing that posted before. I’ll start searching those errors.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!