Backups safe? Failed to decrypt errors

I am having several errors indicating “Failed to decrypt…” various times. This is with Debian 9 on ARM64 using the ARM version of the web-ui. I don’t know what this dbus error means since it seems quite vague or doesn’t provide beginners with much info for fixing.

Here is some output from duplicacy_web.log indicating the problem:

2019/06/07 17:09:44 Failed to decrypt the testing data using the password from KeyChain/Keyring: crypto/aes: invalid key size 0 

2019/06/07 19:54:12 Failed to get the value from the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

2019/06/07 19:54:12 Failed to decrypt the testing data using the password from KeyChain/Keyring: crypto/aes: invalid key size 0

2019/06/07 19:54:39 Failed to store the value to the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

2019/06/10 08:26:21 Failed to get the value from the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

2019/06/10 08:26:21 Failed to decrypt the testing data using the password from KeyChain/Keyring: crypto/aes: invalid key size 0

2019/06/10 08:46:31 Failed to store the value to the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

2019/06/11 19:29:12 Failed to get the value from the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

2019/06/11 19:29:12 Failed to decrypt the testing data using the password from KeyChain/Keyring: crypto/aes: invalid key size 0

2019/06/11 19:55:50 Failed to store the value to the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

2019/06/12 05:16:11 Failed to get the value from the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

2019/06/12 05:16:11 Failed to decrypt the testing data using the password from KeyChain/Keyring: crypto/aes: invalid key size 0

2019/06/12 05:16:30 Failed to store the value to the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

2019/06/12 08:49:21 Failed to get the value from the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

2019/06/12 08:49:21 Failed to decrypt the testing data using the password from KeyChain/Keyring: crypto/aes: invalid key size 0

2019/06/12 08:49:40 Failed to store the value to the keyring: keyring/dbus: Error connecting to dbus session, not registering SecretService provider: dbus: DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS not set

What if you run unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS before starting up Duplicacy Web?

1 Like

What script are you referring to?

I believe duplicacy_web_linux_arm_1.0.0 is a binary file. I don’t use a script to run duplicacy, just run as: $ ./duplicacy_web_linux_arm_1.0.0 &.

Do you mean just run BASH command: $ unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS ?

I mistakenly assumed you were using something like systemd or a script to run the web version binary rather than running it manually.

If you’re just running it manually then I think running the unset command should be fine if you’re encountering the same issue as the one in the linked discussion.

Thanks for clarifying. I’ve issued the unset command. So far, there doesn’t appear to be any error(s) related to this in duplicacy_web.log.

Thanks.

For anyone: Feel free to use the :heart: button on the posts that you found useful.

For the OP of any #support topic: you can mark the post that solved your issue by ticking the check4%20(2) box under the post. That of course may include your own post :slight_smile: