Benchmark on QNAP Web Edition

My backups from a QNAP to another NAS on the local network via SMB seem a bit slow (~3MB/s). Is there a way to run the benchmark command from the QNAP to check the performance?

I would use command line version to test, but it’s likely either IO bound or CPU bound. You can determine the bottleneck the with performance monitoring tools on both hosts.

Thanks @saspus

I tried to run it from the CLI but it said the storage was not initialized. It looks like the executables are in /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Duplicacy but maybe I’m wrong.

If anyone has experience specifically with the QNAP package and running the CLI I would love the help.

It’s easier to download new CLI, initialize repository somewhere in the temp folder, and run benchmark there, than to dig in the intervals of the qnap package.

Or skip benchmark altogether: if benchmark is also slow you would need to use system performance monitoring tools to find the problem. If benchmark is fast — you still would need to use system performance monitoring tools to find the problem with the actual usecase.

If the outcome is the same — why bother with benchmark?