Can't run two check jobs in parallel?

it seems that i can’t run two checks in parallel (on windows)?

one of them will fail with an Initialization failure, it seems they both try to update the preferences file simultaneously and one of them fails. why are they updating the preferences file anyway?

A job always recreates the preferences file before invoking the CLI. This is a design flaw and I’ll fix this in the next release.

But, I think the race condition is rare, because when a job creates the file it always creates a temporary file and then renames it. Does it happen to you every time?

yes it happens every time, iirc it fails to rename the file:

2021/11/26 10:26:51 Failed to create the preferences file: rename I:/ProgramData/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/all/.duplicacy/preferences.10037c4d I:/ProgramData/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/all/.duplicacy/preferences: Access is denied.

was there any update on this?

Is I: a network share? If so it may help by switching I:/ProgramData/.duplicacy-web/repositories to a local directory (by changing Temporary directory on the Setting page).

no, it’s a local drive.

It looks like this issue only occurs on Windows. That is because rename isn’t atomic on Windows, so if there are two rename operations the second one may fail.