Changing the master password with a different iteration value

Is it possible to change the master password and specify the amount of iterations? I know that it is possible to change the value for storage with the password command. I’m curious if there is a similar option for the master password that is used to store centralized the credentials. The reason for my question is that i saw the default value that is used for the storage. 16384 iterations is WAY to low in modern times. I assume that PBKDF2-SHA1 or SHA256/512 is used. A modern desktop CPU can easily a deliver a million iterations per second.

Yes, the web GUI uses 16384 iterations too and it can’t be changed. But I think I can add such an option for the next release.

Sounds great! :slight_smile: Maybe increasing the default value for both is a good idea or changing the system from a hard value to something time based like dm-crypt uses. For example dm-crypt uses the available processing power in a defined time frame to calculate the used iteration value. Default is 2000 milliseconds. But even so, getting the ability to set a custom iteration value is nice and should do the trick for know.