Check -chunks force?

Hi there,

I have a question about checking chunks. I hope you can help me.

I moved my backup storage using a copy tool. Everything went fine but I would like to recheck all chunks. The bad part is, that the backup still remembers all checked chunks and is not rechecking them. Is there an option how to force a recheck all chunks once again?

What I did:

1. removed the old storage
  2. transferred files to new storage (same storage destination, idrive e2)
  3. add storage again with same name
    (This keeps the backups and schedules, so I was not in need to change anything.)

Thx

As per check · gilbertchen/duplicacy Wiki · GitHub

The list of verified chunks will be saved to .duplicacy/cache/storage/verified_chunks and chunks in this file will not be verified again in subsequent runs. You can delete this file to force the check command to verify all chunks.

1 Like

@Droolio thank you very much for this information!

Maybe you or someone else can answer me another question about that. What happens with errors, are they cached or would they be thrown every time I run this? e.g.

• missing chunk
  • wrong chunk (checksum or something else)
  • unable to access

Pretty certain there is no caching for missing chunks/unable to access (there is nothing to cache, these errors can go away on subsequent runs).

Not sure about wrong checksums (individual chunk files are expected to be immutable, so it may make sense to cache those kinds of errors).