Copy between external drives unusably slow after QNAP QTS upgrade to v5.0.1

This is almost certainly not a Duplicacy issue, but I’d like to confirm for the ticket I’ve opened with QNAP.

Under QNAP QTS 5.0.0.2131(20220815), duplicacy copy from storage on an external USB TR-004 RAID to storage on an external USB hard drive runs at >20MB/s and completes in an hour or so.

After upgrading QTS to 5.0.1.2194(20221022), the same operation runs at ~10KB/s and reports 27 days for completion. Setting -threads 1 makes no difference. Backups from the NAS drives to the TR-004 RAID storage and copies from the TR-004 to B2 continue to run at normal speed.

Does Duplicacy just use the standard I/O library routines to access local storage, or does it handle various types of local storage devices differently, e.g. external USB?

Duplicacy uses the same backend for all types of local storages. The code is in duplicacy/duplicacy_filestorage.go at master · gilbertchen/duplicacy · GitHub

The benchmark command may be helpful: benchmark · gilbertchen/duplicacy Wiki · GitHub

QNAP’s response to ticket #Q-202211-22255 Copy from TR-004 to external drive unusably slow after upgrade to v5.0.1:

HQ is currently working on several issues of the firmware and will release after all issues are fixed. However, for 3rd party app, we are not able to escalate to the HQ. Hopefully, new firmware will work well with it.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.