Copy from bucket to bucket or from GDrive to s3

Hello
I need to transfer from Google Drive to s3 provider. Both were initialized with -e and -bit-identical. Google Drive were uploaded with the use of desktop app, so basically it was initialized as local storage. I read somewhere here that it makes difference and -bit-identical may not work when one of the storages is local.

First of all, is it true? Can I just use rclone to copy one storage to another? Or should it be “duplicacy copy” in this case?

The thing is, I already transferred Drive storage into s3 storage and now I can just do rclone copy server-side, but in the presence of possible issues I want to get some information.

Not sure what you mean about that.

The main purpose of the -bit-identical flag is to facilitate third-party copying/syncing, such as rsync or Rclone - but in reality, you can do this anyway if you sync the entirety of the storage, including the config file.

If you’re doing this as a one-off, an Rclone sync would be fine to run - and probably better if you’re not running backup jobs alongside, to make sure the listed file state is consistent. The advantage of Duplicacy copy is you can copy a subset of snapshots and do so while not having to worry about consistency, and have a config file protected with a different password.

I was a bit stuck, because my config files seem to have different hash, but I know for sure that I created them with bit-identical function enabled and same password. And I was worried that rclone will replace existing config file with config file which, for some reason, is not actually compatible (I thought the reason may be that it was created on local storage initially). But anyway, I already did almost everything and it worked, not sure why configs have different hash.