Copying a snapshot from remote system to cloud

Use case:

• Multiple Windows clients backing up to external storage attached to a Linux system via SFTP
  • Phase 2 will be to use the Copy function on the Linux server to replicate the snapshots to cloud storage

Questions

• What steps do I need to take in order to properly use the Copy function on the Linux server in order to move the snapshots from the remote Windows clients to the cloud?
  • Do I need to issue a Copy command for each shapshot or is it possible to copy them all at once?

Thanks,
David

You just need to add the cloud as a second storage using the add command before being able to copy the backups:

duplicacy add second repository_id cloud_storage_url
duplicacy copy -from default -to second

If you don’t use the -id option to the copy command then it will copy all the backups at once.

Thanks.

Are those commands to be issued on the Linux host where the initial storage is located? I’m probably confused, but I thought that your current directory had to be the repository on the source computer in order for the CLI to process the commands correctly.

Sorry I didn’t read your post carefully. If the copy command is to be run on the Linux server then you can create a dummy repository there and connect it with both storages:

mkdir path\to\dummy\repository
cd path\to\dummy\repository
duplicacy init dummy local_storage_url
duplicacy add second repository_id cloud_storage_url
duplicacy copy -from default -to second