Do not stop restore when disconnecting Web UI or leaving Restore page

Allow restore to continue without Web UI connection. See [Restore with web UI stops if you leave the page](Restore with web UI stops if you leave the page

My concern is that a restore operation may be left running unintentionally when you close the restore page.

1 Like

So what happens if a restore that is going to run for ~10 hours overnight is started from a remote client, and then one logs out, ending the browser session?

While this could happen, I think giving the user the option to choose it prudent. As gorlen said, some of us have big datasets that take a while to restore. Being able to set it and then forget it would be really nice, even if it’s not default.

2 Likes

I have to agree with the above, a restore is generally a wanted action and when restoring large datasets you should be able to leave it running without keeping the web UI open. This could be an opt-in thing per restore.

2 Likes

Me too. I’m having a lot of troubles restoring a big backup (going to take 3 days) using the web GUI

I’m a relatively new duplicacy user and have already unintentionally killed my first test restore, which was estimated to take a day and a half to complete. I’m hoping the restore will pick up where it left off now that I’ve started a new restore of the same backup to the same location. I’m having trouble imagining a situation where a restore is left running unintentionally and it causes a problem. I’m sure it’s possible but I would think it very rare. As a home user running duplicacy on my NAS, requiring me to keep a web page open on my desktop computer is an accident waiting to happen. Please make it an option to disable this requirement!

1 Like

I agree to you, a complete server restore is taking hours, and you may need to keep hope that the site will not interrupt. I mean veeam in example — you start the restore and can exit the console and get back later on.
Or other example. I started a screen command. Or similar in the background - i mean, like Proxmox the webinterfaces. Can be opened and closed at any time and my VMs still running even like VMWare… so why is this Software that i paid for, does not provide this easy and essential feature?