Duplicacy doesn't detect changes in Source

Hello,

I am really new to this software. I just setup the program via WebGUI. I backed up a folder which contains around 32.000 files and is around 10 GB big in size.

It run perfectly. Then I wanted to test how it works if I need to restore a version (this folder changes very often little files). So I created a folder within the folder named “test” and made another run and created a revision.

I then checked restore and chose the second revision. But the folder was not showing up.

I repeated above process, but this time created a txt file named “test.txt” inside the already existing “test” folder. I run another revision. Tried to restore it, but in the third revision the test folder and of course the test.txt were missing.

So I checked the wiki and found that it checks differences in file size. So I used the “-hash” tag behind the revision and started another one. But didnt find the folder and the file neither. It shows “-hash” on the revision I can chose in restore menu.

I then made 10 copies of this test folder and made another revision. But nothing showed up neither.

I am pretty sure the mistake lays on my side, but can anybody point out what I am missing? Thank you very much!

Update: I scheduled a “check” task and let it run. Made another revision and the problem stays the same. It is not recognizing the new created folders and files (“test.txt” and “test” folders)

Update2 SOLUTION: I took one of the “test.txt” files and wrote a letter into it. So the filesize jumped from 0kb to 1kb and this got detected. So my bad was to use dummy files without size. Thought it also detects changes in folder structures. It does, but only if at least 1 file with 1kb is in it.

Leave the post here is somebody may have same ideas…

Solved it myself. See “Update 2 SOLUTION”. Leave it here so if somebody might have same ideas/issues.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.