Duplicacy "drive is not available"

ok, i just installed the windows 10 version of duplicacy and i go to the backup section, click the plus sign next to my desktop name and it says 2 things.

Trial ( i assume this is not a free program as i was told it was)
this drive is not available when i click on a directory.

I have ssh running in the background copying some files right now, would this cause this error?

next question, I dont have to backup an entire drive correct? i can pick whatever i want, even if its s single directory on a drive?

thanks

We can’t control what others tells us, but the licensing terms are here and easy to verify: Duplicacy

Depending on how and what you use cost it from 0 to non-zero.

On what directory do you click? How is duplicacy installed? For all users? As a service? Does the user that runs duplicacy has permission to this sirectory? Is this directory a network mounted folder? How is it mounted?

You can pick any folder as a root and then configure filters to include or exclude stuff based on globs or regular expressions.

1. Duplicacy User Guide
  2. Duplicacy User Guide (Updated)
1 Like

when it installed. it auto picked the location for me and did not let me change which install folder, nor did it ask me for what users like we discussed last night. which is odd.

I clicked on the D: directory. I have partitioned the local drive to keep data separate from os. This is on my windows 10 desktop. The user that runs the app does have permission to do so:) the directory is not a network folder.

now duplicacy is all jacked up. It says failed to load C:/users/matt/appdat… so i uninstalled the program, and now it wont install again because of errors extracting because it cant find a folder, but i checked and the folder is there.

but during the install it never once asked for which users. Literally had a button that said next and then it opened the web gui

i gotta go into safe mode to delete the folder and stop the service from running. I downloaded the first option on the download page for the web gui.

The installer installs Duplicacy for the current user by default. If you run the installer as administrator it will have the option to install for all users.

This could be a disk issue. Can you run a disk check: How to Use CHKDSK to Scan & Fix Windows Hard Drive | Avast

1 Like

i did a disk check the other day and all was fine, but ill try it again. Ill report back in a bit.

ok, all drives came back fine. Im going to have to go into safemode and delete the .exe file, folder and the service