Duplicacy keeps creating chunks directory after deleting storage

I created a storage, started using it then deleted it from duplicacy.

I then went to the directory and deleted the chunks and snapshots directories and the config file so i can remove the folder.

However, duplicacy keeps recreating the chunks folder quicker than I can delete it. How do I stop this behaviour?

(I also have loads of revisions for storages I’ve long ago deleted showing in the dashboard, how can I get rid of them?)

Perhaps you have another instance of storage pointing to the same location, or any schedules that are still defending that storage? Maybe on another machine?

No other machines, schedules or storage.

Nothing referencing the directory anywhere in the json.

It’s still creating new chunks folder and chunks directories within.

This has happened four times now with four different storages on my local filesystem. I really hope it’s not happening in other places.

It will even recreate parent directories if you delete them. How can I stop this runaway program creating chunks in a storage that has been deleted hours ago and with a backup job that was stopped hours ago and also hasn’t existed for some time?

Well, this makes no sense — if nothing points to that directory — how does duplicacy will known where to create those chunk folders?

In case there some side effects, try deleting repositories/caches folder: ~/.duplicacy_web/repositories or /caches depending on whether you run it directly or in a container.

Well exactly. I suspect it’s an ongoing process that hasn’t stopped properly - a frequent issue I have is clicking the stop button on backups and on schedules and them taking about five minutes to actually stop. However this has been going on for several hours now.

I restarted the docker and it seems to have stopped it for now but both these behaviours are pretty concerning.