Duplicacy - shutdown linux system after completed backup

I am running duplicacy web gui on the old computer running Ubuntu server. This old machine only purpose is to do nightly backup on the network. Due to the power consumption, I would like this machine to be powered on only during backup time. I have scheduled power on via bios every night, but would like to make machine auto shutdown after completed backup.

Do you have any suggestions on what would be easiest / best way to achieve system shutdown after completed backup?

btw, I am new to Duplicacy and I am not savvy linux user :slight_smile:

Tnx

The web GUI doesn’t support this option but you can add a post-backup script for the CLI to achieve this goal. Write a simple script to shut down the computer and save it as ~/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/0/.duplicacy/scripts/post-backup (if the backup is not the only backup you’ll need to find out its index in ~/.duplicacy-web/duplicacy.json and replace 0 with the actual index). When the web GUI runs this backup it will invoke the CLI which will call this script after the backup is done.

1 Like

Hey Gchen, tnx for quick reply!

Unfortunatly, only directories I have under ~/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/
are: all and restore. There is no 0, or any other number…

Under ~/.duplicacy-web directory I don’t have duplicacy.json as well…

1 Like

Problem solved, I was looking under wrong location because duplicacy is running as service.

Location for post script is /.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/all/.duplicacy/scripts

tnx

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.