Duplicacy web 1.4.1 does not download latest version of CLI

Please describe what you are doing to trigger the bug:
Restart the duplicacy_web.

Please describe what you expect to happen (but doesn’t):
I expect it to download CLU 2.7.1. This is the latest one. In the UI the update to Latest is selected.

Please describe what actually happens (the wrong behaviour):

2020/10/19 01:37:28 Duplicacy Web Edition 1.4.1 (074ED2)
2020/10/19 01:37:29 Skipped the latest CLI version 2.7.1 released less than 30 days ago
2020/10/19 01:37:29 Duplicacy CLI 2.6.1

In the UI the following is selected.

I can’t remember (and couldn’t find) where this setting is in the UI. :flushed: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Nope, it was the first place I looked:

…and that’s why duplicacy_web shall check for new version periodically and nag the user with the banner until they update.

This is a bug – regardless of which checkbox you check, it only downloads the latest version from github.com if that version was released 30 days ago. I’ll fix this in the next web GUI release.

2 Likes

Version 1.4.1, but with some icon customization.

And I noticed that the “forum” menu entry doesn’t appear to me either. :thinking:

Isn’t this the reason, by design?

I don’t think customizing some icons would be a reason for a entire section of the setup screen to disappear … and also the “forum” entry…

I don’t think it matters how much you cslustomize. As soon as you customize anything it’s now “customized version” and not a “Duplicacy Web” anymore and hence should not contain references to anything Duplicacy, including forum.

The CLI version choice is disabled in a customized version and you’ll always download the stable version. Sorry I didn’t doc this anywhere else.

1 Like

Ok, so for now, I’m going to use the standard version again. Anyway, I played enough with the customizations.