Error if boot with no network connection

macOS 10.13.4
I use a macbook air and travel with it. So I often boot and the wifi has no known network to connect to. And then duplicacy generates an error.

It seems to me that if there is no network connection the errors should be hidden?

I’m not sure what is the right thing to do in this case. Some other users would be mad at me if Duplicacy just silently skip the backups when there are network connection errors.

As is, for anyone who travels or just visits coffee shops with a laptop this is going to be a regular annoying error.
If there is no network connection, lots of stuff fails without error, but the user will notice: email, web browsing, etc.

Can you sense if there is any network connection?
If there is a GOOD network connection AND there is an error connecting to the backup server, then a popup error might make sense.

If you are still concerned about it, perhaps just put the exclamation point in the green cube in the menu bar, until the network connection comes back. Or maybe make it a user choice.

I tend to turn WiFi off - IMO, at least in that context, Duplicacy should not generate errors (it does now).

For the case when there is no connectivity, e.g. no WiFi in range, perhaps use macOS notifications? These can be disabled by the user, per app, so then the choice is up to the user - problem solved.

I will try to add this option in 2.1.1.