ERROR SNAPSHOT_CHECK - Ruining my evening

Hi

I am having this issue on Ubuntu Sever 20.04 with duplicacy_web_linux_x64_1.4.1.

The error is shown below but for reference is ERROR SNAPSHOT_CHECK. All searches suggest it’s a bug but they are from 2018 and it’s only on snapshot 73 it started. I removed snapshot 73 & 72 in a hope to get rid of the error, but it has remained.

Running backup command from /home/anthony/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/4 to back up /mnt/backup
Options: [-log backup -storage Offsite -stats]
2020-10-16 20:09:38.112 INFO REPOSITORY_SET Repository set to /mnt/backup
2020-10-16 20:09:38.112 INFO STORAGE_SET Storage set to sftp://pi@URL:22/duplicacy_backup
2020-10-16 20:09:43.371 INFO BACKUP_START Last backup at revision 71 found
2020-10-16 20:09:43.371 INFO BACKUP_INDEXING Indexing /mnt/backup
2020-10-16 20:09:43.371 INFO SNAPSHOT_FILTER Parsing filter file /home/anthony/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/4/.duplicacy/filters
2020-10-16 20:09:43.371 INFO SNAPSHOT_FILTER Loaded 10 include/exclude pattern(s)
2020-10-16 20:09:48.276 WARN LIST_FAILURE Failed to list subdirectory: open /mnt/backup/Other/Raspberry_Pi_3/SwordPi/MasterBackup: permission denied
2020-10-16 20:11:45.323 WARN LIST_FAILURE Failed to list subdirectory: readdirent: not a directory
2020-10-16 20:11:45.567 WARN LIST_FAILURE Failed to list subdirectory: readdirent: not a directory
2020-10-16 20:12:27.133 WARN LIST_FAILURE Failed to list subdirectory: open /mnt/backup/Other/email/Attachments: permission denied
2020-10-16 20:12:36.735 WARN LIST_FAILURE Failed to list subdirectory: open /mnt/backup/Other/email/file: permission denied
2020-10-16 20:12:36.735 WARN LIST_FAILURE Failed to list subdirectory: open /mnt/backup/Other/email/file: permission denied
2020-10-16 20:15:11.336 WARN OPEN_FAILURE Failed to open file for reading: open /mnt/backup/Other/Docker/teedy/backup_download/documents/Overclockers".zip: no such file or directory
2020-10-16 20:16:15.878 ERROR SNAPSHOT_CHECK The snapshot contains an error: The entry Other/Docker/calibre/books/Weschler, Toni/Taking Charge of Your Fertility _ The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health / appears before the entry Other/Docker/calibre/books/Weschler, Toni/Taking Charge of Your Fertility _ The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health /
The snapshot contains an error: The entry Other/Docker/calibre/books/Weschler, Toni/Taking Charge of Your Fertility _ The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health / appears before the entry Other/Docker/calibre/books/Weschler, Toni/Taking Charge of Your Fertility _ The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health /

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

:slight_smile:

Fixed it.

I had a file with what appeared to be an emoji question mark in the name. Deleted it and the problem disappeared.

:slight_smile:

That’s not a fix though. It’s a workaround.

The actual issues is still there and needs to be fixed: Duplicacy shall be able to backup any file: if file can be named with emoji, Duplicacy shall backup file with emoji.

I think however the problem is with the path length, not it being with emoji. Either way — Duplicacy bug. Please report it.

2 Likes

Granted but this file wasn’t meant to be there anyway.

Isn’t this thread reporting the bug?

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s marked as resolved so @gchen won’t necessarily look at it. (Now hope he will :))

I agree this is a bug and should be fixed. I’ll try to reproduce it first.

@Rustymage is this the emoji question mark that caused the problem: ❓ Black Question Mark Ornament Emoji ? Do you still have the name and path of that file?

Hi - it looked like this:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7568999

I deleted the file, resynced from source to see if it reappeared and then started the backup again and the problem had disappeared. Hence the reason I say I’m not sure where it came from. I viewed the file from a Mac on OSX, so it might be why I saw the question mark - link suggests corrupt font.

The path to the folder (that the file sat within) on the Linux machine is:

mnt/backup/Other/Docker/calibre/books/Weschler, Toni/Taking Charge of Your Fertility _ The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health

The folder causing the problem sat inline with this one (with the question mark at the end) but it’s not there anymore. I believe the file name was Taking Charge of Your Fertility - Toni Weschler[?].pdf I believe. Where [?] is the suspect.

I’m afraid I don’t any way of getting this back for viewing as the drive doesn’t have a recycle bin feature and it wasn’t backing up so I can’t restore it.

Let me know if I can give any further information.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.