Excluded OneDrive OnDemand folder still accessed

Please describe what you are doing to trigger the bug:
I recently created synced folders with OneDrive, integrating some folders from SharePoint into my explorer on Windows 10. These are sensitive files, that I do not want to include into my personal backup. To avoid backing up these files I tried the following filters:

-Bin/Users/MyUser/SharePoint Folders/
-Bin/Users/MyUser/OneDrive - General Drive/
-Bin/Users/MyUser/SharePoint Folders
-Bin/Users/MyUser/OneDrive - General Drive
-Bin/Users/MyUser/SharePoint Folders/*
-Bin/Users/MyUser/OneDrive - General Drive/*

Please describe what you expect to happen (but doesn’t):
The excluded folders should not be indexed, accessed or backed up.

Please describe what actually happens (the wrong behaviour):
Running the backup will index the folders, thus downloading all files and eventually fail.

2020-11-18 16:30:10.008 ERROR CHUNK_MAKER Failed to read 0 bytes: read \\?\D:\Bin\Users\MyUser\SharePoint Folders\SomeFile.file: The cloud operation is invalid.
Failed to read 0 bytes: read \\?\D:\Bin\Users\MyUser\SharePoint Folders\SomeFile.file: The cloud operation is invalid.

Maybe those files are included by another pattern that appears before these exclude patterns in the filters file. Can you post the entire filters file?

Thanks a lot for the reply. I copied my filters from the web-interface below, but I do not have any includes in there, only excludes. The disk is a data-drive, so I am running a complete backup on it.

-$RECYCLE.BIN/
-System Volume Information/
-hiberfil.sys
-pagefile.sys
-swapfile.sys
-*.tmp
-*.tib
-*.tib.metadata
-*.~
-Bin/Steam/
-Program Files/Epic Games/
-WindowsApps/
-WpSystem/
-WUDownloadCache/
-Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/
-Bin/Spiele/Origin Games/
-Program Files/ModifiableWindowsApps/HaloMCC/
-Bin/Users/MyUser/SharePoint Folders/
-Bin/Users/MyUser/OneDrive - General Drive/
-Bin/Users/MyUser/SharePoint Folders
-Bin/Users/MyUser/OneDrive - General Drive
-Bin/Users/MyUser/SharePoint Folders/*
-Bin/Users/MyUser/OneDrive - General Drive/*

I am currently thinking about relinking the OneDrive sync into another directory, so that I could exclude the parent directory all-together. Would it be possible that Duplicacy is accessing the folder via a symlink, thus not matching the filter?

Add -d as a global option and you’ll see how each file is excluded or included.

I think I found the error. The original folder name includes an &. Saving the filter through the web-interface yields:

2020-11-19 13:23:39.204 TRACE SNAPSHOT_PATTERN Pattern: -Bin/Users/MyUser/Share Point Folders & More/

I worked around the error by moving all the synced folders into a subfolder, which I could exclude. But not being able to exclude & (or other non-standard characters) does not seam all to great, in terms of usability. Is this something that you would be willing to make possible, with the web-interface?