Excluding .duplicacy-web folder

Right, if you didn’t install service before then you can just run the new installer to overwrite the existing installation. But, if the existing installation was installed by running the old installer as administrator, then you’ll need to run the new installer as administrator too. Otherwise you can just run the new installer as normal user.

1 Like

First, thanks for an updated web edition with DropBox support!

I’m running on Windows 7. During installation, I took advantage of the option to move the .duplicacy-web/repositories to an alternate location to keep cache and log files off my system drive. I moved them to D:, but now I can’t back up that drive because Duplicacy seems to be trying to eat its tail when it hits the .duplicacy-web directory.

I tried to exclude the D:/.duplicacy-web files, but they don’t appear as an option in the exclude directory. Moving the .duplicacy-web repositories back to C: lets me run a successful backup of D:.

What am I missing in my setup?

Thanks.

You can manually add an exclude pattern for that directory – click the Add... button and enter -.duplicacy-web/.

Thanks - that’s easy!

Actually, not so easy -

Running backup command from D:/.duplicacy-web/repositories/localhost/0 to back up D:
Options: [-log backup -storage Krait_Dropbox -stats]
2020-04-16 22:21:29.705 INFO REPOSITORY_SET Repository set to D:
2020-04-16 22:21:29.706 INFO STORAGE_SET Storage set to dropbox://Duplicacy_KraitBackup
2020-04-16 22:21:44.376 INFO BACKUP_START Last backup at revision 13299 found
2020-04-16 22:21:44.376 INFO BACKUP_INDEXING Indexing D:.duplicacy-web\repositories\localhost\0
2020-04-16 22:21:44.376 INFO SNAPSHOT_FILTER Parsing filter file \?\D:.duplicacy-web\repositories\localhost\0.duplicacy\filters
2020-04-16 22:21:44.377 INFO SNAPSHOT_FILTER Loaded 7 include/exclude pattern(s)
2020-04-16 22:21:44.377 ERROR SNAPSHOT_EMPTY No files under the repository to be backed up
No files under the repository to be backed up

Duplicacy can’t read the preferences file telling it not to not back up the .duplicacy directory without entering the directory and ending up in the same recursive wormhole.

You need to add a trailing ‘/’ to ‘D:’. It is a bug that Duplicacy doesn’t add it for you when you select the drive.

1 Like

Still fails when preferences are on D:, works fine when prefs are on C:

Here’s my exclude statement: -D:/.duplicacy-web/*

1 Like