Failed Backups on Storj S3 backend

I am trying to set up Storj as the backend for my Duplicacy backups now that Education Google Drive is no longer unlimited. I don’t want to migrate my storage as I have a lot of backup ID’s that I don’t need so I’m uploading everything from scratch.

The device I’m backing up is a AMD64 linux server running v3.2.3. I have two backups: one is my local docker directory (that backs up find), and the other is a backup of my mounted s3 drive (on a different service than Storj). On the Google Drive backend everything worked just fine, but I’m getting failures now. I was having issues before with the API key method, so I switched to using the S3 gateway and I’m now having this error:

2023-12-28 15:42:46.772 ERROR UPLOAD_CHUNK Failed to upload the chunk 1c9f79da7adf4e724cd6e982d9f27efa1c9488477ef1dfc6ba5d2c34ef12b4ff: SignatureDoesNotMatch: The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.

This is confusing to me as I have another backup on the same storage that works just fine.
A similar issue was mentioned here and not solved. I also tried running on 2 threads to no success. Any ideas?

What sort of issues?

How did you generate S3 credentials and what zone are you passing?

What sort of issues?

I think it was the same hash issue but I don’t fully remember.

How did you generate S3 credentials and what zone are you passing?

I generated them via the web interface and passed zone us1.

Also it seems that the issue is gone now. I set a backup schedule to every 30 mins to retry uploads when it fails. And it seems after a couple retry’s overnight the upload actually succeeded. I’m not sure how a hash issue was solved by retrys, but it seems to be okay now.