Failed to parse the snapshot (...) invalid character '\x00' looking for beginning of value

I started getting the following error in one of my jobs. Error message is not really clear

23:04:35.565 Loaded file snapshots/ELVIS-Dima-Docs/714 from the snapshot cache
23:04:35.565 Failed to parse the snapshot ELVIS-Dima-Docs at revision 714: invalid character ‘\x00’ looking for beginning of value

Can you delete the local file .duplicacy/cache/default/snapshots/ELVIS-Dima-Docs/714 and try again? If this file is corrupted it can cause this error. Any file under the cache directory .duplicacy/cache/ can be safely deleted.

Thank you, that worked. No more errors

1 Like

Just wanted add I got this error after a power failure and the fix listed resolved the error. From a user friendly perspective non-techies would probably have a hard time resolving this. Thanks!

@gchen, is there a possibility to implement this fix (autodelete the “bad” cached file and retry) into :d: ?
This will make the software even more stable and user-friendly – and never has anyone complained that a piece of software is too stable

2 Likes

I believe this has been fixed by Add a Sync call before close when uploading a file to local storage · gilbertchen/duplicacy@bb652d0 · GitHub if you’re running the latest version…

1 Like

@granite what duplicacy version are you using?

2.1.0 – It appears I’m behind on the times.

Yeah, just update and you should be good to go!