File count or currnet file processed

Hello I’m currently in trial, so have no much time to solve my issue.
Had used Duplicati for some time, now have idea to change it.
Unfortunately with Dupicacy I get bad performance, and even can’t see real progress, as progress bar is quite useless in my situation. When I click on it I can see WARN messages about failure to open files.
My setup is to backup local and network disk to the webdav. Typically speed bottleneck is webdav part as it is remote site.
Before (Duplicati) my backups where something about 1-2MB/s now it is about 300KB/s.

So first of all I’d like to see is it progressing at all. Perhaps current file (preferably with size) and file count (dosen’t matter backed up, remaining or both) would help.
And of course more detailed log (now I can see only WARNs) would be useful as well.

Another question: how can I edit already created backup/schedule?

I’m running on Windows 10.

Thanks!
Cheers,
Lauris

[quote=“lmps, post:1, topic:4020”]
Before (Duplicati) my backups where something about 1-2MB/s now it is about 300KB/s.[/quote]

Are you using the -threads option in your job step definition? See the backup command reference for how this works.

You can’t edit a schedule while it is active (running). Not sure about the definition of the backup, though I wouldn’t touch it, while it is in use. What in particular would you like to change?

Thanks for prompt reply :wink:
I’m using web interface right now, so maybe stupid question, is this entered correctly:

About changes, at the moment I don’t want to change anything, just confused little bit, there is no possibility to edit it.

As I can’t see current file and/or progress it is bit complicated to troubleshoot it. For example now it shows something about 4MB/s which is much more than PCs overall upload rate. In task manager I can see there is Disk activity so perhaps it is reading already backed up files, but that’s a guess over guess. :slight_smile:

This appears to be in the backup definition, so it’ll be only used when the backup is started manually from there. For a scheduled backup you’ll need to set the option in the backup job step (once the current job is done).

And, yes, it goes into command options. 10 threads is probably more then you need. What is your upload speed (assuming your backup storage isn’t local)?

Sorry, could you please explain bit more detailed this? I can’t change in backup anything except filter (include/exclude) or options in screenshot from my last post. Perhaps I’m missing something.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Forgot about speeds - typically it is something about 2-3MB/s, I know not fast, but it is enough. As have not too much data to back up.

Sure, let me give it a try.

• You define the primary settings of a backup task under the tab “Backup”. There you define backup-ID, storage used, root directory, include/exclude filters and there you also can specify command options and global options.
    To the best of my knowledge the settings for command options and global options are only used, when you launch the backup from the backup tab.

• However there is another way to launch backups, because a backup can be a job step in a schedule. You set this up under the “Schedule” tab, where you can create schedules and add job steps to them. Certain job types (e.g. copy, prune, check) can only be run as part of a schedule. And here is where you can add backup jobs as well. And when you add a backup job, it will take most parameters from the backup definition in the backup tab, but you do have separate fields for command options and global options here has well.

So my understand (for what it’s worth) is that - when you run a backup job as part of a schedule - the options in the “backup tab” will be ignored and only the options in the job step will be used. You can see which options are used by taking a look at the log for that run.

FWIW I never run my backups from the backup tab. I’ve now created schedules under the “Schedules” tab and all my backups run from there.

1 Like