Folder Modification Times during Initial backup

Hi All,

I just tried backing up a set of folders on Windows 10 to Wasabi cloud. I noticed that the folder modification time of all the sub-folders in my repository have been changed to the latest time-stamp. I had used the “-repository” parameter during init so that the duplicacy preferences/config are in a completely different folder. Is it expected that the folder modification times would be modified by duplicacy during backup? (The timestamps on the actual files under the folders seem ok, just the timestamps on the folders themselves seems to have been modified).

I’m using Windows CLI version 2.2.0.

Thanks.

Never mind, I should scratch the question. Duplicacy seems to be working fine. I had made a copy of pictures folder to another folder (call it folder2) so that I can test duplicacy to backup folder2 to the cloud. I believe Windows changes the folder modification dates if I simply copy and paste using Windows explorer. Since I looked at the folder timestamps after I ran the duplicacy backup command, I had wrongly assumed that duplicacy had touched the modification times, but in fact, the original windows copy was the culprit.

I’m using robocopy to create folder2 (in this example), and I’m retesting right now. I think we can delete this question if needed.

1 Like