Google Drive backup keeps failing

2024-01-12 01:29:06.059 ERROR CHUNK_MAKER Failed to read 0 bytes: read /googledrive/DriveSync/NewKingrootV5.0.3_C169_B387_en_release_2017_01_22_20170122180532_105203.apk: input/output error
2024-01-12 01:29:31.440 INFO INCOMPLETE_SAVE Incomplete snapshot saved to /cache/localhost/14/.duplicacy/cache/hetzner-ssh/incomplete_snapshot
Failed to read 0 bytes: read /googledrive/DriveSync/NewKingrootV5.0.3_C169_B387_en_release_2017_01_22_20170122180532_105203.apk: input/output error

Keep getting this error which causes a backup of my google drive to fail about 20% in.

Always the same file which is a regular 19 MB apk file.

This looks like a mount point. How did you mount google drive?

Can you copy this file elsewhere with other tools, like cp?

If you mount with rclone you might want to pass --drive-acknowledge-abuse flag, or do similar adjustment in the other mounter you are doing.

1 Like

Correct. It’s a mount using rclone mount. I will delete the file and see if that fixes it.

Just add that flag to rclone mount command instead of deleting the file. Otherwise other files that Google considers “unsafe” will fail to read the same way.

1 Like

I’m afraid I’m still getting an error that causes the whole job to fail rather than just moving to the next file:

2024-01-12 03:43:55.262 ERROR CHUNK_MAKER Failed to read 0 bytes: read /googledrive/dir/post-27032.html: input/output error
2024-01-12 03:44:24.350 INFO INCOMPLETE_SAVE Incomplete snapshot saved to /cache/localhost/14/.duplicacy/cache/hetzner-ssh/incomplete_snapshot
Failed to read 0 bytes: read /googledrive/dir/post-27032.html: input/output error

I can cat and cp the file fine.

Ok, this is another mountpoint failure.

Add this: --daemon-timeout 599s. Long story but it has to do with how VFS handle latency.

Also enable rclone’s VFS cache if you haven’t already — otherwise rclone would be very limited in its ability to retry.

You can look up other options that I’ve used years ago to stabilize rclone mount of Google drive here: https://github.com/arrogantrabbit/rclone_mounter/blame/e7f0a25568d7773f903a7dd5a4a935926c9aa937/mounter.py#L54

Better yet, switch to a mounter that serves remote over local NFS or SMB server (such as Google’s native client or mountainduck). Mounting network filesystems through fuse will always be thorny.

You might also want to enable verbose logging with rclone and check the logs — it’s possible Google drive is throttling you.

1 Like

Thanks. I assume that’s an rclone option not a duplicacy one?

What’s Google’s native client for mounting? This is an unraid machine running duplicacy through the docker so Google drive can’t run on it.

Yes, all of those are rclone options. The issue you are having has nothing to do with duplicacy.

Then indeed native Google drive is a no go. I don’t know what’s available on Linux. There was a project to replace fuse with NFS based implementation — I don’t know current state of affairs there.

Edit: this one: rclone nfsmount

Using network based mounter for network based filesystems works bette than pretending to drive a local filesystem.

(And for macOS users there is another possibility: https://www.fuse-t.org/)

Unfortunately it keeps failing on the same file and none of the mount options have helped so it doesn’t seem to be an io error.

How can I just skip the problematic file so I can complete the rest of the backup?

Show your complete rclone mount command

Exclude it from backup: Include Exclude Patterns · gilbertchen/duplicacy Wiki · GitHub