GUI doesn't remember Prune setting, and other issues

I continue to test Duplicacy via its GUI on a second, Win 7, PC. I successfully backed up (to B2) several folders.

In the GUI I set non-default settings for Rate Limit, Threads, Volume Shadow Copy Schedule, and I turned on Prune Snapshots. I quit the GUI from the tray icon. The Schedule and Prune settings were not saved. I tried again, this time Starting each job in the GUI before quitting. Now, my Schedule settings were saved, but Prune Snapshots was not saved - it reverted to not-checked. How can I save my Prune setting?

I thought I’d see what would happen after a PC reboot. I wasn’t prepared for what did happen: I rebooted, started the GUI, and got an error message that said, simply, “activate.” I thought that odd, since I had selected Trial on install and still had many days remaining. I ran the GUI again and was presented with the beginning dialogs. I selected Trial, the GUI appeared, trial period restarted at 29 days, but my jobs and settings were gone. I rebooted again and everything returned to normal - 23 days left in trial, my jobs present, but the Prune setting was still unchecked.

Not sure if it’s relevant, but I noticed, as indicated in Windows Services, that the status of the Duplicacy service never pauses when the GUI is running. It always shows as “started.”

Also it seems confusing to me that the GUI doesn’t really close if I click the X in its Window upper right corner. I’d suggest that clicking that X should do the same thing as Quitting from the tray icon. If I just want to get the GUI off the screen, there is the minimize button.

Three is a bug in the 2.1.0 beta that didn’t save the state of the prune check box. It has been fixed in the latest version. If you reinstall Duplicacy from the same link it should work.

Thanks, I reinstalled (now on Beta 10) and the prune checkbox is remembered. However, the backups that continued after this point failed:

2018-02-15 18:47:00.796 INFO STORAGE_SET Storage set to b2://HTPCB2
2018-02-15 18:51:19.793 ERROR STORAGE_CREATE Failed to load the Backblaze B2 storage at b2://HTPCB2: Maximum backoff reached
[18:51:19] C:\Users\lphelan Backup operation returned an error:
ERROR Failed to load the Backblaze B2 storage at b2://HTPCB2: Maximum backoff reached

and

2018-02-15 18:17:00.936 INFO STORAGE_SET Storage set to b2://HTPCB2
2018-02-15 18:21:19.555 ERROR STORAGE_CREATE Failed to load the Backblaze B2 storage at b2://HTPCB2: Maximum backoff reached
[18:21:19] D:\Music Backup operation returned an error:
ERROR Failed to load the Backblaze B2 storage at b2://HTPCB2: Maximum backoff reached

Here we go again. What does this mean and what can I do about it?

I think that is because after re-installation the B2 credentials were lost (due to the different executable now). If you reconfigure the storage and enter the credentials again it should work.