GUI for Unraid usage

can the GUI version be used in Unraid?

Yes. Either directly or in docker container.

Applications written in golang are monolithic self-contained executables without dependencies. It’s almost a container itself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for the reply. I guess there isn’t a how-to somewhere?

Hi Craig

There is already a Docker for this, let me know if you cannot find and ill drop you the Official Docker Link.

Hope this helps.

Stan, I couldn’t find it in the community applications section of unraid. would appreciate a link if you could

Hi Craig

I used “Repository: saspus/duplicacy-web”

I then added a few custom paths for my Backup Soruces.

I then Killed the Docker, went into my Krusader and Modified the Config File and changed the Hostname to match my UnRAID Hostname, i then saved that and then fired the docker back up.

I did the Trial Period and then Activated with a Paid License.

let me know if you run into any issues!.

2 Likes

got most of it, can you possibly show how you added your backup path to the container? the rest makes sense.

When adding this as a Docker, you need to choose the Option at the bottom “Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device”

From there you Set the option to “Path”

Then all thats needed is 3 Entries

Description: Example Desc
Container Path: /mnt/Serversource
Host Path: /mnt/users/Filestobackup

Hope this helps.

Extra:

The “Container Path” is what you will see inside the Docker Container’s file structure.
The “Host Path” is what you will set so the docker container has Access via the above file structure.

If that helps?

1 Like

hey Stan, thanks for your help again. I do have the option and was able to modify like you said. A couple things though.

-how do I get to the gui?
-where is the config file I need to modify?

thanks so much for all your help, really want to get this working to backup my family photos. If I lose them, the wife will kill me, lol.

Do you have the option to Modify the Docker? as if you are seeing the “Console” option, there should be an option to Edit/Modify the Container :slight_smile:

hey Stan, thanks for your help again. I do have the option and was able to modify like you said. A couple things though.

-how do I get to the gui?
-where is the config file I need to modify?

thanks so much for all your help, really want to get this working to backup my family photos. If I lose them, the wife will kill me, lol.

Hi Craig.

1. GUI Would be Accessible via your UnRAID Hostname / IP & Port: 3875
  2. Config Files would be stored in the “AppData” Folder on your UnRAID Server (Unless you have specified / changed elsewhere.

I have attached an image that may help you a little further.

Dup%20Settings

1 Like

you’re awesome, will give it a go…

making progress, that last image helped tons. I am trying to do this on my phone at work connected to my server over openVPN so it is a little difficult. I was able to get into the webGui but when I try to make a backup, I can browse directories but when I click on mnt, it opens up but shows nothing. I was hoping to backup /mnt/user/keep/keep/pictures. I also need to edit the hostname in the config but need to do it on a computer, not my phone. is the file that needs editing the machine-Id file?

Ahhh thought it was strange seeing the Phone Layout! but yes.

Be sure you chose something Unqiue for your “Container Path” so avoid using /mnt/ instead /sourcefiles/keep

For example.

And no, the file you would need to edit is: Duplicacy.json

“computers”: [
{
“name”: “YourHostName”

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks so much Stan, got it working. I don’t know if you work for these guys but you should, lol. couldn’t have done it without you, I’m sure this will help the next person trying to do the same thing. have a super weekend.

1 Like

Hi Craig!

Haha! i sadly dont! but i do work in the the IT Industry so that helps!

Glad its all working!

Have a great weekend!

1 Like

thanks so much and you as well.

Note that you can also use the :heart: button to show your appreciation. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

didn’t even see it there. Done!!

2 Likes